Membership Means More
At the Y, you’re not just a member of a facility; you’re part of a cause. With a shared commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, improving health and well-being, and giving back and supporting our neighbors, your membership will bring about meaningful change not just within yourself, but within our community too. We are open to everyone and embrace diversity and our programs reflect the unique needs of our community.
Discover all you need to rediscover your best self:
- Make time for Y-O-U. We’re open 5 a.m.-9 p.m. at 4 convenient locations.
- Connect with other new members in group classes
- Build healthy habits for the entire family
- Reach goals with the help of our friendly staff
- Discover a membership option for all budgets
$0 join fee now through Jan. 31, 2019 OR Buddy-Up for Fitness and save 20%
Affordable for All
We believe that no one should ever be denied membership to the Y and access to our programs and services because of inability to pay. With generous donations to our annual campaign, the Y offers a financial assistance scholarship program to ensure Y access for all.
Value of a Y Membership
A Y membership gives you so much more than just a place to work out!
Benefits of belonging to the YMCA of Greater Erie include:
- Membership privileges to all YMCA of Greater Erie Branches and YMCA Camp Sherwin (Metro)
- Volunteer and philanthropic opportunities.
- Free health and wellness programs such as the Y’s Wellness Coach program and nutrition and wellness seminars.
- Hundreds of group exercise classes offered weekly including Insanity®, P90X®, Les Mills®, PiYo®, ZUMBA®, cycle, yoga, Pilates, water fitness and more.
- Specialty fitness classes and services like Obstacle & Interval Training, Prenatal Yoga and Personal Training
- Free drop-in Childwatch to ensure your child is in a safe and fun environment while you use the Y.
- Member discount on programs that require a fee including Early Care, School-Age Enrichment and Summer Camp
- Nationwide Membership – Flexibility to use other Y facilities throughout the US at no additional cost (must use Erie Y at least 49% of your visits)
Health Plan Fitness Center Discount Programs
Many health plans are offering a “fitness center” benefit as part of their offerings. And, while we know the Y is much more than a gym or fitness center, we’re participating in a handful of these offers to increase access and affordability of Y memberships. The YMCA of Greater Erie currently participates in SilverSneakers Fitness Program, Silver & Fit, and Aetna Better Health. For more information contact your insurance provider or the Y’s Membership Desk.
We understand that military families are under enormous strain. As a member of the Y, you and your family can spend quality time together and enjoy fun activities in a warm, supportive environment. It’s also a place to meet other military families who can relate to your unique situation.
Who is eligible for Military membership?
Title 10 personnel are eligible for a Y membership, including:
- Family members of deployed National Guard and Reservists
- Active Duty Independent Duty personnel and their families
- Relocated spouse/dependent children of deployed Active Duty personnel
Note: The Relocated Spouse category supports families/spouse who relocate away from an installation/duty station while the active duty service member is deployed. All of the following criteria must be met:
- The service member is on active duty.
- The service member is DEPLOYED for a minimum of six months (on deployment orders—NOT unaccompanied orders, NOT geographic bachelors).
- The spouse has relocated away from the military installation where the service member is assigned (most often, back home near family).
- Wounded service members assigned to a Community Based Warrior in Transition Unit (CBWTU)
What do I need to do?
- Bring your Military ID and any other required documentation (usually, your Deployment Orders or Military Service Headquarters approval letter) to the Y for verification. Please do not leave copies of these documents at the YMCA.
Corporate Wellness Membership
There’s no doubt about it that workplace wellness is worth it. We believe that healthy employees help make a healthy and successful company. Our Corporate Wellness Program is tailored by employer in order to best meet the needs of the employer. Customization includes utilization reporting and reimbursement incentives, guest speakers, participation in corporate health fairs and corporate sporting leagues are available as well.